HARECLIVE CURRICULUM Statement
- To provide the children of Hareclive EACT Academy with a broad, balanced and rich curriculum that inspires learning.
- To provide a solid foundation in basic skills as quickly as possible.
- To ensure the E-ACT values and superskills characters underpin all that we do in developing our curriculum (including passport objectives).
- To ensure that our curriculum offer provides our children with a wealth of experiences and opportunities to develop knowledge and skills for their future life choices.
- To remove significant barriers to learning to enable all pupils to reach their potential.
- To ensure a cross curricular approach enthuses children to write well whilst learning key knowledge and skills about the topic.
- Significant changes have been made to the curriculum to ensure progression across each phase. These have ensured that developments in talk for writing, mathematics, reading and topic are consistent across the whole school.
- SLT have ensured that developments are reviewed on a regular basis and that next steps are identified and implemented quickly.
- The refurbishment of the library, along with substantial funding for book stock promotes a love of reading for pleasure throughout the academy. This includes each child receiving a story to take home to promote reading at home and for pleasure.
- Regular reading events are held to encourage parents and the community to engage with children’s reading. Examples include weekly ‘Stay and Read’ mornings, phonics workshops and Bed Time story evenings.
- Ensuring children have regular access to specialist provision, E.g. music, art and sport, shows the importance placed on the wider curriculum in our curriculum offer.
- Ensuring children have regular opportunities to take part in learning beyond the classroom shows the importance placed on the wider curriculum in our curriculum offer. E.g forest schools, trips, camps (6 a year), Play-pod activities.
- Our curriculum has a strong STEM focus to encourage boys and girls to be inspired by STEM subjects and engage readily in problem solving.
- The Maths curriculum provides pupils with daily challenge and opportunities to reason by using and problem solve by applying maths concepts.
- The IT curriculum provides pupils with modern skills within technology including e-safety awareness.
- Current attendance is 95.1%. Persistent absences have reduced over the year. Our pupils love coming to school and enjoy learning. Boys’ attendance is now slightly higher than girls.
- Our data shows positive progress scores in all three core subjects at the end of KS2.
- Pupils at Hareclive Academy are engaged in their learning.
- Fixed term exclusions have reduced significantly over the year.
- Lunchtime behaviour incidents have reduced due to positive engagement in play.
- Through our broad, balanced and rich curriculum we ensure that Fundamental British Values and SMSC are becoming embedded.
- Our children are developing their knowledge and understanding of the rich, cultural heritage of modern Britain.
- A recent parent survey shows that communication between the school and parents/carers has improved and they feel listened to. They are demonstrating a greater involvement in the school community.