At Hareclive E-ACT Academy we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and we believe that no child should be left behind.
A very high proportion of free school meals (FSM) children means that our pupil premium money has represented a significant proportion of our budget and we have planned our spending carefully to ensure that it has been spent to maximum effect.
Hareclive Academy has the following key principles in relation to the expenditure of
pupil premium funds:
- Expectations are high for all pupils. We do not equate deprivation and challenge with low ability.
- Not all pupils who qualify for FSM are socially disadvantaged and not all socially
disadvantaged pupils qualify or are registered for FSM. We therefore focus on the needs and levels of all pupils.
- All teaching and learning strategies are designed to meet the needs of individuals
and groups. Additional support is integrated into the teaching programme.
- Research, trialling and self-evaluation are used in order to allocate the funding to
activities that are most likely to have an impact on achievement.
- In providing support we will not socially isolate pupils. Therefore it is likely that all
groups receiving additional support will be a mix of FSM and non-FSM pupils.
Please see the below document for our most recent pupil premium report: