Monday 27 April – YogA
Happy Monday and back to some yoga to ease us into the week. Today’s chilled lesson is Moana themed!! Enjoy your Monday, in the words of Maui… “You’re welcome” 😁
Remember to send us through any photos or videos that you want to share with Mr Williams and Mr Smallwood!
Tuesday 28 April – Target Practice
Today we are going to look at a different type of throw (the over arm throw) to add to our week 1 of target practice. Here is a picture of an over arm throw.
– Get your family members involved and find a roundish object to use.
– Ask your chosen partner(s) to stand a sensible distance away… they are not allowed to move (apart from their arms to catch).
– You must use the over arm throw to see if you can accurately throw your object to them.
– If you are successful you can take a step back each time you throw accurately, just like week one.
For this challenge you can start with the under arm throw from last week and for the children finding it easy, move onto the over arm throw.
How quickly can you get 10 items in a bin?
– Just like the first challenge, find yourself a target however this time it can be an object such as a bin or basket etc.
– Get yourself around 10 throwing objects (scrunching socks up is the easiest thing to do)
– Mark out a sensible distance (not too close or far).
– See how quickly you can get your 10 items in the target.
– Use your partner to time you.
– Repeat and swap it around to see if you can beat not only your time but your family member’s times.
Wednesday 29 April – Joe Wicks Wednesday
It’s Joe Wicks Wednesday again so here’s an 8 minute blast to keep you active.
THURSDAY 30 APRIL – FOOTBALL
Today we are going to look at a couple of football based drills.
The first skill is dribbling. Keeping a round object close to your feet, can you dribble the ball around a small space?
Try making some gates using other objects around the house and then see how many gates can you dribble through in 30 seconds. Once you have got the hang of it can you beat your score?
Here is Mr Williams, showing us how you can set out your objects in order to dribble around.
A further challenge to this would be to start with a big object to dribble with and then see how small of an object you can use to dribble.
The next skill is a fun one. We are going to try some shooting. Create a small goal using shoes or if you are inside you can use the legs of a sofa or chair. Kick the object (make sure it’s a soft one) and aim for the gap between the two shoes or chair legs.
How far back can you stand and still successfully score?
FRIDAY 1 MAY – Fitness Friday
KS1 Complete 10 repetitions of each exercise and repeat the circuit 3 times. Record your times. Post online with pictures. If you want to challenge yourself further you can increase the repetitions of each exercise to 15 or 20.
Exercise 1- Running on the spot (10 seconds)
Exercise 2- Hopping on one leg (5 times each leg)
Exercise 3- Jumping on the spot
Lexie, Brandon and Lacie-Mae show us how it’s done!
KS2 Complete 10 repetitions of each exercise and repeat the circuit 3 times. Record your times. Post online with pictures. If you want to challenge yourself further you can increase the repetitions of each exercise to 15 or 20.
Exercise 1 – Toe touch and jump
Exercise 2- Squats
Exercise 3- Mountain climbers (5 each leg)
Tyler and Paul show KS2 how it’s done!